Skip to content
- Mission: That individuals with developmental disabilities are fully integrated into the community and living life to the fullest.
- Vision: Providing services and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities who desire to have a full, rich life of living, working and playing in our community.
- The Arc of the Piedmont is a non-profit membership organization serving families and individuals in the city of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson. As the local chapter of The Arc, we are dedicated to improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
- At The Arc of the Piedmont, we use individual and corporate donations to improve the lives of people with developmental disabilities through community living services, day support and pre-vocational programs, as well as education and advocacy in our community and state.
Community Living Services: We offer residential services in the local community for people with developmental disabilities. Community Living Services include In-Home Residential, Sponsored Residential, and Group Homes in the city of Charlottesville, and the counties of Albemarle, Nelson, and Louisa.
- Day Support Programs: We offer adults with developmental disabilities the opportunity to be more independent, learn new skills, visit new places, and make new friends. We provide individualized supports, skill building, and communication. Activities and experiences are designed to enable individuals to achieve their highest potential in interdependence and participation in the community.
- Education and Advocacy: We help keep families connected and supported. We strive to secure and sustain the full range of rights, opportunities, and choices for a satisfying and productive life with dignity for all people with disabilities. In addition to community education and peer support, we engage in legislative, administrative, and legal advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels to encourage new and better services and a welcoming community.
Share This Post