Get to Know The Arc Studio
The Arc Studio is a visual arts program and studio space located at The Arc of the Piedmont in Charlottesville, Virginia. Started in the summer of 2021, The Arc Studio program provides a supportive, open studio environment where adult artists with developmental disabilities can create, experiment, explore, and connect through authentic art making experiences.
The Arc Studio program supports artists at every stage of the art making process, from experimentation, play, material exploration, and skill building, to the development of individual styles, artistic visions, and the display and sale of artwork.
While the studio program is designed to facilitate artists in their artistic development, the program does not dictate what or how artists create. Each member of the Arc Studio directs their own artistic impulses, curiosity, and growth.
To learn more about the program or schedule a tour, contact Amy Keenan-Amago at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-260-3108. You can also follow us on Instagram @the.arc.studio.
Our Guiding Principles
The Arc Studio program is organized around an overarching belief in the universal human impulse to create and communicate through art. The following principles guide our program goals and implementation:
- Autonomy and Agency
- Creative Play
- Dignity of Risk
- Following Curiosity
- Presumption of Competence
- Material and Sensory Engagement
- Self Expression
- Playfulness and Humor
Interested in becoming a part of The Arc Studio’s community of artists, fans, and supporters? There are several ways to get involved:
- Volunteer or complete an internship. For info, contact Yuki Weaver via email at email@example.com or phone 434-977-4002 ext. 124.
- Drop off new or gently used art supplies. We are especially in need of frames, canvases, paints, paint brushes, paper, paint pens, and Sharpie markers.
- Make a monetary donation
- Donate gift cards (Target, Michaels, Amazon and Blick are good options)
- Purchase artwork
- Attend an art show
- Reach out to Arc Studio coordinator, Amy Keenan-Amago if you want to learn more about getting involved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 919-260-3108.